Feeling a bit drained these days? This year has been a lot, in so many ways for all of us. Tap into the power of aromatherapy with energizing essential oils to help fight fatigue and uplift your spirits. Essential oils are powerful tools from plants that can help us boost our mood and find the energy we all possess within ourselves.
To feel the energizing effects of these oils, they can be diffused in your space or diluted and applied right to the skin. Sometimes even just a few deep breathes, inhaling the aroma right from the bottle is all you need to perk up mind, body and spirit.
Energize with Essential Oils
Look for products and blends that have the following essential oils to energize, awaken, and give you a dose of motivation when you need it most:
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) has a fresh, strong, cooling aroma. Peppermint is helpful for excess Kapha and cooling to Pitta. It also supports the movement of breath through the body (Vata energy). Studies show that peppermint aids focus and concentration, as well as is helpful for sluggish feelings in the mind and/or body.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) has a vibrant and herbaceous aroma; the stimulating effect allows us to be more attentive, cheerful and full of vigor. It also helps with the dread brain fog by allowing for clearing of passageways in the body.
- Sweet Orange (Citrus Sinesis) is uplifting without being too stimulating. This pleasant citrus aroma is helpful for anxiety, feelings of depression, as well as irritability and restlessness. Sweet Orange blends beautifully with lavender as well as other citrus oils.
- Lemon (Citrus Limon) is a sharp, refreshing aroma that reduces Kapha congestion in the body, mind and emotions. Lemon enhances our ojas and stimulates our digestion. Lemon is great to use in times of transition between seasons to keep healthy immunity.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Globulus) has a fresh, balsamic aroma that not only boosts energy but also helps us breath deeper and clearer. Emotionally, Eucalyptus is uplifting, purifying and helpful for all Kapha imbalances.
Try incorporating some of these essential oils into your daily lifestyle for the extra-boost of energy on days when you feel sluggish, tired or uninspired. Some of our favorite products for energy include our Energy Set, our Awaken Spritz, and our Aura Roller Blend.